Thursday, June 26, 2014

Oh It's So Cute...aka Maybe I Shouldn't Have Sold It!

I am in business to find great vintage treasures and put them in the hands of people who will appreciate them...I am in business to buy cool antiques and sell them to great people...I am in business to buy and sell, not buy and keep!

This is what I keep trying to remind myself with particular treasures.  Sadly, I am experiencing seller's remorse on two particular vintage finds that I sold last weekend from our booth out at the Antique Tractor and Small Engine Sale.  More of that to come.

The first regret is a great colored covered cake pan that I found at a local estate auction.  I didn't know the lady but I know some of her kin and I could picture her fixing a pretty cake for the family and covering the leftovers using this cover.  



Aren't the colors great?  The flowers and plaid detailing cheerful? Honestly, I've never used one (I am layer cake challenged, so just make cakes in 9x13 pans), and I am told they really weren't great at food preservation, but it this one sure has preserved it's charm! This dates from the 40s or 50s.  

The next item, I really hadn't ever noticed before searching for one for a friend last fall.  She wanted a plastic tea pitcher in red and white, which we were successful in finding.  About six months later, I was helping clean out my great grandmother's home and found one in gray and pink.  But my favorite find was a yellow and white one that I discovered at a garage sale.


These were made by the Burroughs Manufacturing Company of California in 1948 out of a material called Burrite.  The company also produced canisters and other storage containers.

I've recently gotten on a kick about wanting to restore a vintage Airstream trailer in 50s yellow and red and realize these would have been great pieces for it!  Maybe it's the summer heat, but I think it would be a lot of fun to go glamping!  A girl can dream!

Meanwhile, I am motivated to replace these treasures and continue to search for other awesome vintage goodies!

Do you have a story to share about seller's remorse?  I'd love to commiserate with you!  Or do you have any other questions or comments?

Have a blessed day!
Kimberly

No comments:

Post a Comment