Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Grandma Betty - An Example of the Values of Positively Prairie



Isn't she just the most adorable lady?!  I really admire her great-grandson for recognizing the value of learning from our older generation and showing so much love and respect for his Grandma Betty - a real role model for a younger generation.

I chose to start out my blogging career with this video because it touches me deeply.  She personifies qualities I admire and try to emulate.  These are the values I hope to share with you.

When creating my business and website, I knew I wanted to find and create things that convey a sense of whimsy; the first antique I thought of was the Felix the Cat Clock - you know with the swinging tail and eyes that move back and forth?  I also wanted to share other things that were inspirational and reminded folks of the core values that made America great - faith, family, hard work, a strong community, respect.  Thus is our logo, "Primitive finds that warm the heart and tickle the soul."

Grandma Betty certainly warms the heart and tickles the soul!  She is spunky, loving, adventuresome (just think, at 80 years old she's learned Instagram and bonded in a new way with Zachary), lives by the Golden Rule, and doesn't spend energy on what she can't control.

Being over 25 does technically qualify her as antique, you might say.  Just think of everything she has seen:  smaller, faster cars, the interstate system, space flight, rapid transit, all of the kitchen toys we take for granted, televisions, computers, wars, assassinations, great leaders, globalization...the list is quite lengthy.

All of these components of our history fascinate me.  I hope to share with you interesting tidbits about the items that were products of that history.  I also plan to share things that amuse and inspire.

Meanwhile, say a little prayer for Grandma Betty and her great-grandson.  Remember her Happy Dance when you're having a rough day!

Talk to you soon and have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment